Find above materials donated to SdU for tutoring use. Click here if you would like to request an item(s) from either of the list above.
Below find links to online resources for SdU tutoring:
"Measures" on easyCBM, "Benchmark" to monitor grade level skills.
Note article details on Oral Reading Fluency for 1-5th graders. Charts included at the bottom of the link.
AIG (Academically or Intellectually Gifted)... NCPSS Remote learning resource
NCDPI, Early Learning...Pre-K to 2nd
Boomlearning...Interactive lessons created by teachers
EOG 3rd-8th ELA and Math, NC Department of Public Instructions
MobyMax … use school (Semillas de Unidad)... let Kelly Lewis know if you would like your student to use MobyMax. A student will be assigned a username and password.
Q&A Conversation Starters:
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What is the best story (or book) you have ever read?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
- What subject is your favorite? Your least favorite? Why?
- Take time to chat before starting work.
- Ask about homework
- Discuss plan for how you will spend your hour together, e.g., “Let’s start with homework then we can spend some time on ________, and _________ etc.
- Be sure to get student’s input on how to best spend the hour learning together
- Optional to offer student a 10 min learning game activity together if able to successfully complete planned structured assignments
- Listen, and use good eye contact
- Ask questions
- Tell your student/tutor how terrific they are … i.e., praise and encourage